Wednesday 30 August 2017

Day 91: Lancaster to Beaconsfield

Daryl zoomed past me as I exited the campground this morning. He had been having breakfast up the road and was now fuelled up and flying. I chased him for a few kilometres, eventually caught him, then rode with him for the rest of the day.

Me and Daryl
We crossed over into Quebec province and almost immediately were offered bike lanes. This was great to see and nice to ride on, but some of them did have us heading 'upstream' towards the oncoming traffic, a little like salmon.

We stopped for lunch in the shade of a chip truck as the day was starting to heat up nicely now. We weren't far from Montreal, I was a lot closer to my destination than Daryl was, so we ate quickly and were soon on our way again.

I was staying with a Warmshowers host tonight, but before I headed to her I needed to get my hair and beard trimmed. I was starting to look a little wild.

I met Sue-Ann and had a shower followed by a doze on the floor in the lounge. I think my body has completely adjusted to life on the floor now.

Distance: 79.2 km
Time: 3:50:12
Height gained/lost: 242m /-285m

Calories: 2257

1 comment :