Friday 28 July 2017

Day 58: Kenora to The Willows

I am tired and mentally drained today. As a result I have decided not to ride.
My front wheel also started playing up yesterday, making some awful clicking noises.

I have stayed in the shade for most of the day, eating and recovering, and trying not to think too much about the bike.

I headed up to The Willows campsite at 4pm, mainly to reduce the mileage for the following day,  but also to see how my front wheel was holding up.

While I was setting up my tent, Carl walked up and introduced himself, and invited me round for dinner.
I had just bought myself dinner, but he insisted I come over as he couldn't possibly eat it all himself.

I had a shower and brushed my hair, and headed over.
Carl is driving from Vancouver to New Brunswick, going back to live near his folks after 20 years.
His travel companions are a cat called Cheese, 4 budgies and a bright yellow canary.

Dinner was a number of hotdogs with all the dressings, and sides of baked beans and a beef stew.

It always makes for a better night when I am able to sit and have a random chat with someone, to find out why they are travelling, where they are going, what they do.

Thanks again Carl.

Distance: 18.2 km
Time: 0:55:21

Height gained/lost: 136m /-143m

Calories: 547

1 comment :