Sunday 30 July 2017

Day 60: Wabigoon to Ignace

Nothing much to report from the road today.

Long stretches of nothing. No services on the road at all. No food, no water for 86km!

Lots of forest and rock surrounds me, not too many lakes or creeks now as I move away from them.
I am still being followed by the flies. (Does anyone know why?)

I arrived in Ignace, a granite quarrying town, at lunchtime and stopped at an ice-cream and burger cafe. I beat the lunchtime rush by about 6 minutes, so sat back and ate as hordes of people lined up for ice-cream.

Camp was just down the road, and had a lovely beach too.
I jumped in for a swim and had a beer while watching a massive thunderstorm develop over the lakes.

The sunset was amazing and pink, but the air temperature was still over 20C at 10pm!

Distance: 86.9 km
Time: 3:54:19

Height gained/lost: 501m /-398m

Calories: 2667



No comments :

Post a Comment